And the nominees are…!
In anticipation of the red hot red carpet this Sunday, Goodtaste got together with several of our go-to mixologists from the Houston hospitality scene to concoct a cocktail, inspired by their favorite film nominated at the 86th Academy Awards on Sunday, March 2, 2014 (7e|4p).
Needless to say, with so many amazing films from the past year, we savored every last drop of their creative creations…
These recipes can be a lot of fun to whip together for any festive viewing parties! And the winners are:
Eleven XI for The Wolf of Wall Street:
- One whole egg
- 1 ½ ounces of Old Forester Straight Bourbon Whisky
- 1/2 ounce of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 3/4 ounce of Domaine de Canton French Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce of turbinado syrup – equal parts of sugar in the raw and water; bring water to boil and stir in sugar as it dissolves
- 2 dashes of Tiki bitter
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
Crack egg into shaker and add remaining ingredients. Shake dry (no ice) for two minutes. Add ice and shake for another minute and a half. Pour into glass and garnish with ground cinnamon and Angostura bitters.
- 2 ounces of Pierre Ferrand cognac
- 3/4 ounce of Dolin Dry Vermouth
- 1/2 ounce of Cocchi Americano vermouth
- 1/4 ounce of Mathilde Poire Liqueur
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
Mix ingredients in glass, stir and garnish with lemon twist.
Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette for August: Osage County:
The ‘Julia Roberts’
- 1.5 oz 1876 Vodka infused with pineapple
- .5 oz St Germain
- 2 oz cranberry juice
Shaken over ice. Strained into martini glass. Topped off with Bisol Rose. Garnish with Cherry.
And a Bonus…
- 1.5 oz Herradura Anejo Tequila
- .5 oz Grand Marnier Cuvee du Centenaire
- 4 oz Vanilla Custard (ice cream can be substituted)
Blend in blender. Served up with brulee sugar as garnish.
Masraff’s for Blue Jasmine:
- 1oz Cognac (Hennessy VS is fine)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2oz Leopold Cranberry Liqueur