Food writer John DeMers is the Delicious Mischief; an author of more than fifty published books on food, drink, travel, history and religion, including four Texas-set novels, five plays and two musicals.
John’s latest release, The Delicious Mischief Cookbook: 100 Favorite Recipes from 25 Years of Eating and Drinking on the Radio, is a love letter of sorts to the people and places along the way that taught him about food and wine with PLENTY of recipes in between. These are the recipes he makes at home for his friends…the good stuff.
John’s book describes just about everything – from his efforts to make his beloved chicken and sausage gumbo in Marfa, to John’s encounter with stone crab soup in Everglades City, FL…even the amazing salad dressing that’s apparently made only at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Who knew!
Now when you Like Goodtaste with Tanji on Facebook, you’ll automatically be entered to win a FREE copy of his volumous cookbook! We’ll draw one winner by February 1st…
- Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Meatballs
- Brisket-Stuffed 1015 Onions
- Salsa Shrimp and Tex-Mex Cheese Grits
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Peach Pico de Gallo
- Jazzfest Crawfish Rotini [below]
- Moroccan Chicken Couscous
- Shiner Bock Barbecued Cabrito
- Texas Frito Pie Frittata
- Hill Country Peach Biscotti Crumble
- Flourless Chocolate-Pecan Cake
- Rodeo-Style Cheesecake on a Stick
Catch John next at Central Market Austin, Friday, Feb. 6, from 6:30-9, where he’ll be teaching a cooking class, preparing Jalapeño-Red Pepper Hummus, Brisket-stuffed 1015 Onions, Halibut Bruschetta Stacks, and Margarita Cake to mark the occasion. He also has a book signing at the Twig Book Shop in San Antonio on Saturday, Feb 7, from 10-noon during the Pearl Farmer’s Market!