There’s nothing quite like an cold craft beer to cut through this stretch of heat and humidy! We’re talking local Texas beers with our cicerone at the H-E-B Bunker Hill – a scene that’s exploding with more diverse entries and ambitious styles than ever before.
These Texas-based crafts are fun, experimental and adventurous. You’ll notice things are going retro with many of the label designs. And cans are back in a big way!
Cans are better for your brew in the long run – keeping it fresh and allowing for you to take them many places bottles can’t go in the outdoors. 🙂
A few we like for right now – available at your local H-E-B:
1) Karbach Staycation – a session beer (lower alcohol content); summer seasonal w/ Astros colors!
2) Saint Arnold’s Summer Pils – handcrafted from the oldest craft brewery in Houston; bohemian-style pilsner for summer
3) Buffalo Bayou More Cowbell – American Double IPA; balanced, drinkable and available year-round
4) New Republic Kadigan – American Blonde Ale; bright, crisp and clean
5) Southern Star Bombshell Blonde – Blonde Ale; a smooth, creamy body