Rise and GRIND friends! Follow your nose to these unique spots to get your java on in Austin, Houston and San Antonio, and be sure to pour a celebratory cup on September 29 – National Coffee Day!
Brewing coffee is a daily ritual for most of us. Here’s a few tips to achieving that perfect cup:
1. Buy fresh coffee beans and keep them in an air-tight container
2. Grind your own coffee right before brew
3. Use filtered water to brew your morning cup
4. Always measure 2 level tbsp of grinds for every 6 oz cup
5. Watch the heat when you brew – 200 degrees F is the recommended temperature for the brew basket
*Based on survey data aggregated by KRUPS
Coffee as a Commodity
Coffee is the 2nd most sold commodity in the world with oil being #1!
Coffee & Careers
The top 3 professions with the heaviest coffee drinkers in the United States:
— Scientists/Lab Technicians
— Marketing/PR Professionals
— Education Administrators
Where to Go (for Joe):
Here’s three unique spots to sit, sip and savor that also offer…
- A comfortable place to work remotely with reliable WiFi
- Plenty of fresh hot coffee 🙂
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Wine, craft beer, live music, killer patios, PLUS a historical past
Built in 1887, the historic house appears on Austin’s very first hand-drawn map! At Cenote, they pride themselves on supporting Texas farmers and buy local, all-natural ingredients when possible. You may find yourself wanting to linger in this spot longer than intended and that’s OK. They have a completely renovated 1930’s studio behind the café, equipped with washer/dryer, TV, WiFi, a queen bed AND a full kitchen!
Housed in a former convenience store, Black Hole Coffee offers oversized comfy sofas, unique art, a full menu, wine, Texas craft beers and patio. This coffee house is the perfect place to relax and get some work done, or unwind for Happy Hour! Make sure you take home a bottle of their signature “Black Hole Concentrate”:
San Antonio, TX
Built in 1918 in the former Hughes Warehouse and located just north of the famed San Antonio River Walk, Rosella provides excellent customer service, great quality coffee, food, beer and wine. This place is a shining example of collaborative efforts, using locally sourced goods, like bread from Bakery Lorraine, juices from Crave and treats from Buono Dolce Signature Desserts.
A decadent Cappuccino Mousse Cake made with chocolate genoise, coffee syrup, coffee rum mousse and Kahlua Mousse…