Want to know how the pros seem to grill a steak to perfection, each and every time? We go behind the scenes at The Barn Door restaurant in San Antonio, where they’ve been grilling up legendary steaks for nearly 70 years, to get some tasty steak secrets from the pros, courtesy of Beef Loving Texans. Pair it with a delicious salad like our Goodtaste original with a Spicy Avocado-Buttermilk Dressing or some fresh steamed veggies for a healthy and hearty meal! Read on for the grilling pro tips and how to make your own garlic butter at home! For more delicious recipes with beef, head to BeefLovingTexans.com
Steak Grilling Tips
1. Combine both mesquite wood and charcoal to add flavor while grilling
2. Use generous ration of 50/50 salt and pepper
3. Don’t turn the steaks too often
4. Finish with garlic butter: Make your own by heating 1 lb of butter 6 oz. of garlic powder
5. Let steaks cool at least 3 minutes before slicing
Learn more about Texas beef from our friends at Beef Loving Texans here!