Welcome to our new series, Freezer Friendly! Here we’ll share some of the best tips, tricks and hacks for our hardest working kitchen appliance: The Freezer.
An ice cube tray can do so much more than simply making ice. With this humble little gadget, freeze leftover bits and bobs of sauce, broth, and herbs to have pre-portioned for the future! Let the cubes freeze overnight, then pop them out and store them in a bag until you want to use them for swirling into pan sauces, stir-fries, gravy, quick marinades, curries and more! It saves time and is no-waste, a double win!
Things you can freeze!
- Broths and Stock – Learn how to make your own stock from the freezer here.
- Chopped Herbs in Olive Oil – Freeze a single herb or make your own blend like rosemary, sage, thyme, and oregano; or mint, cilantro and basil!
- Grated Garlic and ginger
- Fruit Juices
- Nut Milk (great for smoothies!)
- Pasta Water
- Puréed Fruits and Vegetables
- Sauces – Find five of our favorite freezer-friendly pasta sauces here.