NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. This SWEEPSTAKES is intended for play and participation in the State of Texas only, and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Texas and the United States. INTERNET ACCESS AND TWITTER ACCOUNT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on June 25, 2013, and ends at 9:00:01 p.m. CT on June 25, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. To enter the H-E-B Wine Tweet Chat Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you must (a) be a lawful permanent resident of the State of Texas; (b) at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry, and (c) have an active Twitter account and Internet access. Free Internet access and Twitter accounts are available at many public libraries. This Sweepstakes is void outside the State of Texas and where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the State of Texas. Employees, officers, directors and agents of HEB Grocery Company, LP (“Sponsor”) and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, and advertising or promotion agencies and vendors involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of all such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Twitter.com is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Twitter is expressed or implied.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, (1) go to www.twitter.com/heb and sign up to “Follow” @HEB (“H-E-B Twitter Feed”) on Twitter.com and (2) re-tweet one of @HEB’s Wine Tweet Chat tweets (any tweets from @HEB with the “#HEBWine” hashtag). You must re-tweet at least one of the Sweepstakes tweets by 9:00:01 p.m. CT on June 25, 2013. Re-tweeting a Sweepstakes tweet from the H-E-B Twitter Feed will equal one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit (1) entry per person/Twitter address per drawing period. Entries must be manually key-stroked; use of script, macro automated entry devices or programs to enter or subvert the entry process is prohibited, and all such entries will be void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries, upon submission, become the property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, garbled, or inaccurate entries, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter address submitted at time of participation and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter address by Twitter Inc.
4. PRIZES (4 available): FIRST PRIZE (4 available, 1 per Entry Period): First Prize winners will receive one (1) $45 H-E-B Gift Card & an H-E-B Wine Gift Pack. ARV: $102.94. H-E-B Gift Card is subject to applicable terms and conditions including dormancy fees, if any, and may not be used for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) will be permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
5. RANDOM DrawingS: Prize winners will be selected in random drawings on or about each of the random drawing times indicated in the chart below from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Drawing will be conducted in San Antonio, Texas by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per family/household. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during each Entry Period.
|Drawing||Entry Period||Entry Deadline||Drawing Time|
|#1||6/25/13 8:00 – 8:15 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:15 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:16 p.m. CST|
|#2||6/25/13 8:16 – 8:30 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:30 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:31 p.m. CST|
|#3||6/25/13 8:31 – 8:45 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:45 p.m. CST||6/25/13 8:46 p.m. CST|
|#4||6/25/13 8:46 – 9:00 p.m. CST||6/25/13 9:00 p.m. CST||6/25/13 9:01 p.m. CST|
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Entrants selected as potential winners in each Drawing (“Selectees”) will be notified via a direct message to his/her Twitter account and asked to respond within 24 hours with a direct message to Sponsor containing his/her name, address, telephone number, and date of birth. If a Selectee does not respond within 24 hours, the Selectee will be disqualified and an alternate Selectee will be drawn. Only Selectees who timely respond to the direct message as instructed will be deemed Potential Winners and be sent Prize Notification. Potential Winners will be required to sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility and mutually acceptable liability release and publicity release (where permitted by law) within 14 days of Prize Notification or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Selectee will be drawn. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited to Sponsor.
7. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (collectively “Rules and Laws”). Except where prohibited by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes permission of such entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use, without notice, permission or further compensation, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including, without limitation, on the Sponsor website, winner’s first name, last name, city and state, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion and publicity. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, AND TO NOTIFY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES WHO MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), or if the administration, integrity, fairness, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical difficulties or any event or cause (each a “Force Majeure” event), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. In the event Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating, entrants agree to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims and liability, including injuries, losses or damage of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software, or telephone problems or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network server, Internet service provider, cable, satellite website, or other connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, undelivered jumbled, scrambled, garbled or delayed entries; or other electronic communications; or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding or human error, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes.
10. WINNER’S LIST. To obtain the winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2013 to: H-E-B Wine Tweet Chat, ATTN: Digital Media Team, 646 South Main Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78204.
11. SPONSOR: HEB Grocery Company, LP, 646 South Main Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78204.
Twitter and Twitter.com are the trademarks and service marks of Twitter Inc.