Empire Cafe’s chicken salad is an absolute treat! You’ll love it for its easy assembly and unique flavor involving lots of herbs and fresh vegetables.
Prepare Chicken Salad
- Process parsley, basil, garlic cloves, capers, red onion, celery, and all peppers in food processor until finely minced. Place mixture into a colander set over a bowl to drain for about 15 to 20 minutes. This step is very important to avoid a watery chicken salad!
- Place roasted, cubed, and chilled chicken into medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, dijon, and lemon juice and gently combine with herb and vegetable mixture. Season to taste with Empire Cafe “Kitchen Spice” mixture.
- Place salad greens in bowl and toss with dressing.
- Plate greens. Garnish with egg, tomato, and avocado.
- Scoop chicken salad on top of salad mix. Place pita chips into
- 5 oz. Salad Mix
- 2 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 6 oz. Chicken Salad
- 2 ea. Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- ¼ ea. avocado, sliced
- ½ ea. boiled egg, sliced
- 3 ea. toasted pita chips of your choice
- 1 lbs. roasted chicken, cubed, and chilled (Empire Cafe makes their roast chicken by sprinkling chicken in salt and pepper and drizzling it in salt and pepper)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/8 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- Juice from half a lemon
- Kitchen Spice (You can use whatever combination you like, but this is Empire Cafe's special blend of Oregano, Granulated Garlic, Granulated Onion, and salt and pepper)