Spice up your Fiesta with avocados, jalapenos, garlic and cilantro. This lively dip packs a punch, and will liven up any Fiesta! Use it as a taco topping too. Contributed by Linda Skop, you can find this recipe in the official Fiesta cookbook. For more Fiesta recipes and fun, click on my Fiesta Foodie Page. Viva Fiesta!
Mix the avocado chunks with the lime juice and olive oil, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted -- and diced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 jalapeno chiles, minced -- some seeds included
- 3/4 cup tomato (about 1 large) -- seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste