I have two words for this soup: absolutely exquisite! The mixture of coconut and lime is a total tropical refresher and superb flavor booster to the lush blue crab meat…ready to serve in just about 15 minutes…
- Sweat onions, garlic, shallots and ginger in oil over medium heat until translucent, do not allow to brown
- Add curry powder and sauté briefly until aromatic.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in lime juice.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and strain the onions, garlic and ginger from the soup.
- Divide lump crab and avocado equally and place in the bottom of each soup bowl and place the bowls in a hot oven for three minutes to heat the bowls and the crab and avocado.
- Pour very hot soup over crab and avocado and serve.
- ½ cup yellow onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 oz salad oil
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and white pepper
- 1 cup jumbo lump blue crab meat
- 1 small avocado, peeled and cut in quarters