While the Texas Hill Country is well known for its peaches, it is becoming increasingly known for its lavender farms as well. Both peaches and lavender* come into season at the same time and this recipe makes use of both of them in a delicious fashion.
This dish matches absolutely perfectly with Alphonse Dotsons “Gotas de Oro” Muscat Canelli. In fact, it is a match made in heaven!
1. Place peaches in a 9 inch square pan.
2. Sprinkle with lemon juice and then drizzle with honey.
3. In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using a pastry blender or fork.
4. Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
6. Serve warm topped with ice cream.
*Lavender sugar can be found in certain gourmet shops, online sources or can be easily made by combining ½ cup granulated sugar with 2 tesapoons culinary lavender flowers in a spice grinder.
- 6 cups Fredericksburg peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lavender sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 6 scoops vanilla bean ice cream