One thing you won’t be surprised by is the taste…out of this WORLD! Root your favorite Texas team to victory with this cheesy delight.
- 1. Heat the oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet pan with non-stick
cooking spray. Arrange the
tortilla wedges in the sheet pan in a single layer. Lightly spray the tortillas with non-stick spray and
sprinkle with salt if desired. Heat for 10 minutes or until golden and set aside.
- 2. Heat a large heavy bottom skillet over medium
heat for 2 minutes & add the olive oil, chopped onion & jalapeno
peppers and stir-fry until the onion is golden (about 5 minutes). Add the chopped tomato & garlic and
stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 3. Add the cubed processed cheese and cream cheese
or O Fat Greek Yogurt and reduce the heat to medium low. Stir until cheese melts. Add ½ cup WATER and chili powder if desired; stir until smooth. Place the warm chili con queso in a mini
crock pot on low and serve with the baked tortilla chips.
Makes: 4 cups dip
Queso made with Greek Yogurt will be slightly lumpier than the one made with
the fat free cream cheese.
Facts: ¼ cup serving made with Fat Free Cream Cheese + 8
- Calories 80, Total Fat 2.5 grams, Saturated Fat 1 gram,
Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Total Carbohydrate 9 grams, Dietary Fiber 1
gram, Sugars 2 grams, Protein 5 grams
Facts: ¼ cup serving made with 0 Fat Greek Yogurt + 8 Chips
- Calories 70, Total Fat 2 grams, Saturated Fat 1 gram,
Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Total Carbohydrate 8 grams, Dietary Fiber 1
gram, Sugars 2 grams, Protein 5 grams.
Pairs great with:
Middle Sister Drama Queen
- 8 XX CORN TORTILLAS, stack and cut each into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon XX EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- ½ cup XX chopped YELLOW ONION
- 1 - 2 XX JALAPENOS, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup XX chopped TOMATOES
- 1 teaspoon XX chopped GARLIC
- 1 cup XX 2% VELVETTA PROCESSED CHEESE, cubed
- 1 package (8 oz) XX FAT FREE CREAM CHEESE (cubes) or 1 cup XX GREEK YOGURT
- 1 teaspoon XX CHILI POWDER (optional)