A fab side dish for Easter! Orange Scented Glazed Heirloom Carrots from Chef Kevin Bryant of Eleven XI.
- Quickly blanch carrots until tender, approximately 5 minutes depending on size. In a saute pan on medium heat combine butter, brown sugar, orange zest & orange juice. Once ingredients have come to a boil add blanched carrots and continue to cook until carrots are warm throughout. Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and garnish with fresh thyme.
- Two bunches XX heirloom carrots topped, cleaned & peeled
- Zest XX two oranges
- 2 tablespoons XX unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons XX dark brown sugar
- Juice XX one orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Three sprigs XX fresh thyme