Escargot – even if it’s served in a cup with a piece of bread on a toothpick – this is still a Fiesta favorite! In fact, over 1,300 servings of Escargot are sold in the French Quarter section at NIOSA every year!!
1. Heat burgundy in frying pan
2. Rinse escargots and put into burgundy
3. Heat 3-4 minutes until just hot
4. Melt butter – add other ingredients and correct seasonings
5. With slotted spoon put 3 escargot into 5 oz. Styrofoam cup
6. Spoon butter mixture over (about 1 tbsp. large) and serve with a slice of French bread. Use a toothpick to spear escargot and “sop” butter with bread.
- 1 can (6 dozen) Escargot
- 1 lb butter (or oleo)
- ½ cup bread crumbs (approximately)
- ½ cup parsley (approximately)
- 3 tbsp. garlic (approximately)
- 2 cups Burgundy