Get a load of this: A flat iron charred Bison ribeye from Masraff’s that comes straight from the source (Durham Ranch, Wyoming). It’s a marvelous meat that tastes similar to fine beef, with just a slightly sweeter and richer flavor. This dish is padded with apple wood smoked bacon, buttered asparagus, and a truffled re-stuffed Gold potato. Make dinner divine!
- Heat Iron skillet to medium high heat then season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the butter in the skillet and swirl evenly around the skillet.
- Quickly place steaks on skillet to avoid the butter from burning and let sear until steak has a nice crisp crust (about 5 minutes without agitating steak in the pan)
- Once the steak has form a crisp outside scrape from the pan keep crisp layer intact, then gently turn (about 3min on opposite side) then remove from pan and place on warm plate.
- Return skillet to heat and add the remaining butter then add the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper as desired and turn asparagus gently.
- Once the asparagus is charred off place it criss cross over the steak.
- Place restuffed potato on opposite side of plate and finish with the pesto and soy glaze on and around the steak.
Method (Restuffed Potatoes):
- Toss the four unpeeled potatoes in a bowl with salt pepper and olive oil and mix thoroughly, then wrap each one in foil and place in 400-degree oven for 1 hour.
- Place remains peeled potatoes in water with a bit of salt and boil until tender.
- Once tender restrain potatoes from water and place in mixer and slowly add cream, butter and truffle oil and season with salt and pepper as desired then mix until creamy and adjust seasoning if needed. Place in warm area.
- Once the roasted potatoes are cooled, peel off foil and cut tip on top and bottom.
- Remove inside of potato carefully with small spoon getting as close to the skin as possible without breaking the skin. Place on baking sheet when done
- Place whipped potatoes in pastry bag with large star tip and pipe mixture into the hollowed potatoes using a rist motion to complete the finish on top.
- Let chill 20 min in fridge then bake at 400degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown and hot in the center and reserve for plate.
For more delicious recipes and fun food and wine pairing ideas, subscribe to my newsletter.