It’s the gazpacho you know and love, but infused with juicy watermelon. Thanks to my friends at the Houstonian Hotel & Spa for helping us cool off!
Method for the Soup:
In a blender puree the watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeños and bell pepper then strain through a chinoise, pressing on the solids to extract as much body as possible. Season the soup to taste with Tabasco and salt.
Method for the Garnish:
Small dice all remaining ingredients, toss with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Use diced vegetables to garnish above soup.
Soup (4 Servings)
- 2 cups Watermelon, peeled and cut
- 1 ea Roma tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 1 cup English Cucumbers, Peeled, seeded, cut
- 1tsp Jalapenos, seeded
- ½ cup Red Bell peppers, Seeded and cut
- TT Kosher Salt
- TT Tabasco
- 2 tbsp Seedless watermelon, small dice
- 1 tbsp red onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp cucumber, peeled, seeded, small dice
- 1 tbsp yellow bell pepper, seeded, small dice
- 1 tbsp celery stalk, small dice
- 1 oz mint, chiffonade
- 1 oz basil, chiffonade
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil