“I’ve made up my own version of the classic Caesar salad which is a
little bit healthier on the dressing – it’s all about taking influences
from the original dish and bigging up the falvours and textures where
you can. If you have some leftover roast chicken, adding it to this
salad is a great way of using it up.” – Chef Jamie
1. Snap off any wilty or dark green outer leaves from the head of
cos or romaine lettuce. Cut off the tips of the leaves, then cut the
head into quarters lengthways. Chop into chunks and get rid of the core.
Wash and dry the lettuce in a salad spinner.
2. To make the dressing: peel and finely chop the garlic. Whisk
the yoghurt, olive oil, grated Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, garlic
and lemon together in a serving bowl. Roughly chop and add the
anchovies, season and whisk again.
3. Toss the lettuce with the dressing and scoop the salad into a serving bowl.
4. If you choose, coarsely grate over your small chunk of
Parmesan and toss again, then serve.
- 1 XX cos or romaine lettuce
- 1 clove xx garlic
- 75g XX low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons XX olive oil
- A handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus a small chunk, to serve (optional)
- 2 teaspoons XX Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 XX anchovy fillets in olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper