This pizza is a total Veggie-lover’s delight! Made with authentic Gruyère, a hard yellow cheese named after the town of Gruyères in Switzerland. Thanks to Kicker Kalozdi for the recipe! And remember, I want to hear from you. Send me your recipe suggestions (along with a picture) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Set toaster oven to 400 degrees. Roast a full bulb of garlic in oven and caramelize half a yellow onion in a pan on stove. Slice up mushrooms in halves and throw into pan with onions to cook. Place flatbread on preheated pizza stone and top with a thin layer of pizza sauce followed by seasonings.
Layer on the cooked onions, some mozzarella cheese, and the cooked mushrooms. Cover the entire pizza with a layer of fresh spinach topped with broccoli. Place in oven near broiler so that broccoli cooks and gets a nice char to it. After a few minutes, move to lower rack and lower heat to 375, allowing broccoli to cook until it is tender.
Pull out and add roasted garlic (in full cloves) followed by the shredded Gruyère cheese. Top with chives and fresh ground pepper and place back in oven (lower rack) until cheese is melted. Once finished, add some more chives and fresh ground pepper…..it’s amazing!
- 1 whole piece of flatbread (I use Joseph's brand Lavash)
- 2-3 spoonfuls White sauce (mix of tomato and Alfredo sauce)
- ½ onion (sliced/caramelized)
- 2 portobello mushrooms caps (sliced/grilled)
- ½ - 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2.4 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- ½ bulb of garlic (roasted)
- 2-4 handfuls of fresh broccoli (bite size)
- garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- oregano basil
- crushed red pepper