Lettuce wraps are a Fiesta favorite in the Chinatown area for NIOSA. And I finally have the recipe so you can try these at home!
Heat the peanut oil
Add the water chestnuts in wok for 3-4 minutes to make them soft.
You can add soy sauce and Stir Fry sauce, or even a little sherry to give it a little zing and flavor!
THEN add the rest of the veggies, stir for another 2-3 minutes.
Now add the cooked chicken, stir for another 3-4 minutes or until done.
Put on the lettuce leaf and “Wrap it up” or eat it like a taco.
- 1 lb of diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup of water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of shredded carrots (use as a filler)
- 2 green onion stalks
- 3 garlic cloves
- Rice-sticks-fried....you can use it as a garnish by sprinkling some on top. Or if you prefer, you can add a 1/2 of cup to use as a filler (Rice sticks are a grain)
- |5 Tblsp of House of Tsang Classic Stir Fry Sauce (we like the House of Tsang Szechuan Spicy Stir Fry Sauce)
- 5 Tblsp of peanut oil (You can use sesame oil if you have peanut allergies)
- Iceberg lettuce