Massa’s is the go-to spot for Houston’s downtown biz crowd, and it’s easy to see why in the video we shot there. The food is delicious and the service excellent! This Key Lime Rainbow Trout is brushed with ranch seasoning then topped with a garlic butter and rum sauce (garlic, butter, rum, parsley and extra virgin olive oil). It’s delicious!
1. Combine the dry Ranch mix, flour, garlic, butter, rum, parsley, and 1 cup olive oil. Blend well. Place in sauce pan over medium heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes till thickened. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
2. Heat a heavy bottom skillet over high heat for 4 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil and trout filets and pan sear for 1 ½ minutes on each side. Place filets on platter and pour sauce over fish. Garnish with lemon and lime slices.
- 4 Fresh Rainbow Trout filets from any fresh seafood market
- 1 teaspoon Dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Chopped garlic
- 2 sticks Butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Rum
- 1 cup Chopped parsley
- 1 ¼ cups Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each Lemon & Lime (thinly sliced)