Morton’s crab cakes are incredible! The jumbo lumps of crab are delicious and there’s almost no filler – this is a wonderful dish. They are easy to make too.
In a mixing bowl, stir the garlic, shallots and parsley into the bread crumbs, being careful not to leave any clumps of garlic or shallots. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire and horseradish. Refrigerate.
In a stainless steel bowl, toss the crab meat with the prepared crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together mustard mayonnaise with the parsley, Dijon mustard, eggs, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. Pour over crab meat mixture and mix gently to combine. Divide into 6 portions. Flatten slightly. Place crab cakes on a buttered, nonstick cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 500 degree oven. Bake 8 minutes Serve with mustard mayonnaise and a lemon wedge. Makes 6 servings.
Don’s wine recommendation is Zaza. Tanji’s recommendation, Rochioli.
- 1 T Garlic, chopped
- 1 t Shallots, chopped
- 1 t Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 c Fresh white bread crumbs
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1/8 t Pepper
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- 4 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t Horseradish, prepared
- 1 lb Jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 c Bread crumbs, as prepared above
- 1 T Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 T Mustard mayonnaise, as prepared above
- 1 t Grey Poupon(tm) Dijon mustard
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t Tabasco(tm) sauce