Beer/Ale Pairing: serve with a Vanilla Porter for a late brunch on the weekend or breakfast for dinner. Include a sharp cheddar cheese if desired with the Pfannekkuchen.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In an 8 inch oven proof non-stick skillet heated to medium low, cook apples w/ cinnamon & nutmeg for a few minutes until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Use a heat resistant spatula to stir them.
- While apples cook, whisk eggs, half & half, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- For the batter, add in to the large bowl flour, sugar, and salt, and whisk until some lumps remain.
Next, increase heat for apples to medium and add brown sugar and butter. Stir to make a syrup, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the center of the pan.
- Using the heat resistant spatula, swirl the apple mixture through the batter. Do not over mix – you want to just fold in the batter.
- Continue cooking 2 minutes – 3 until small bubbles appear around edges of the pancake.
- Finally, bake pan in the heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove hot pan with oven mitts and run spatula around edge to loosen pancake.
- Put a plate snugly up against the pan, and turn oven so that the pancake falls with the bottom side up on the plate.
- Top with fresh raspberries and plain Greek yogurt.
- 1 small XX organic Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, & thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon XX Central Market Organics cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon XX Central Market Organics nutmeg
- 2 XX eggs
- 1/3 cup XX half & half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon XX pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup XX all purpose flour (Gluten Free --use Organic coconut flour + 2 more Tablespoons 1/2 & half)
- ½ teaspoon XX sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon XX Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup XX packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons XX butter
- Garnish: raspberries and plain Greek yogurt