Savory soup…just perfect for cool day! HEB Cooking Connection shared this soup recipe with me. Enjoy with one of H-E-B’s fall beers like Spaten’s Oktoberfest or the Breckenridge Autumn.
Heat a soup pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until well browned, breaking up chunks as it cooks. Reduce heat to medium and add half of the garlic and all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 15-20 minutes to heat through and add the rest of the fresh garlic just before serving. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and toasted pepitas if desired.
- 1 12 oz package of HEB Sage Sausage
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped garlic, divided use
- 1 jar Canyon Foods Tortilla Soup
- 1 small can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup heavy cream, Half and Half or milk
- 1 cup Central Market Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Adams Reserve Rubbed Sage
- ½ teaspoon Adams Reserve Nutmeg
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional garnish: toasted pepitas & grated Parmesan cheese