Keep warm (and feel satisfied) with this hearty, seasonal soup from my friends at Stone Werks.
- 1 Heat butter in a large pot (8-quart) on medium high
heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic,
cumin, oregano, cinnamon and chipotle, cook for 1 minute more.
- 2 Add the pumpkin, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a
simmer, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, partially covered. Add cream
, simmer 10 min more.
- 3 Remove the soup from heat. Working in batches of 2
cups each, purée the soup in batches, holding down the lid to the blender
tightly while puréeing, and starting on a slow speed. Return the puréed soup to
- 4 Hold warm till ready to serve, garnish top of soup with
toasted pecans, cilantro and avocado.
- 2 Tbsp XX Butter
- 1 cup XX yellow onion, chopped
- 3 XX garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon XX toasted Cumin seed, ground
- 2 teaspoons XX Chipotle puree
- 3 XX 15-ounce cans, canned pumpkin
- 6 cups XX chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon XX dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon XX fresh grated cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons XX Kosher salt, more to taste
- 2 cups XX heavy cream
- 3 XX Avocados, diced
- ¼ cup XX Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup XX Pecans, toasted , chopped
- Juice of half a lime
Mix well, hold for service