Tapas are delicious appetizers served in Spain. And you can sample them in the Villa España area at NIOSA. These flavorful appetizers were introduced at NIOSA in 2004. Enjoy!
1. In sauté pan or skillet, sauté the garlic in the olive oil for 2 or 3 minutes.
2. Toss the peppers in with the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Set aside.
4. Place shredded chicken in roaster, add sauted garlic, peppers and chopped olives.
5. Stir and heat thoroughly.
6. Warm tortillas.
7. Layer cheese on tortilla followed by chicken mixture and top with guacamole.
Do not over-stuff. Fold tortilla and serve.
Makes approximately 40 tapas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin Spanish olive oil
- 6 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 pound pre-cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, crumbled or shredded
- 40 round mini, 4”- 5” flour tortillas
- Spices to taste