This is a delicious appetizer (I could make a meal out of it!) from the charming Cotton Gin’s Cabernet Grill restaurant in Fredericksburg. It makes the perfect party food!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place brie on an oven proof serving dish and bake for eight to ten minutes or until brie is softened.
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, melt butter and saute apples until lightly softened and browned on the edges.
- Add pecans, dried fruit and maple syrup to the pan and simmer for two minutes.
- Pour maple mixture over brie and top with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Serve with plenty of crackers or toasted slices of french bread.
Note: Using an oven proof serving platter will make serving the brie a lot easier as it is hard to handle after it is warm. Also, using the platter straight from the oven will help keep the brie warm as you serve it at your holiday party.
- 5 inch wheel Brie cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Pecan halves, toasted
- 1/8 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup Pitted dates, sliced
- 1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
- Black pepper mill
- Crackers or toasted french bread
4 to 6 servings