Chef Dominic is the master at work with this veggie-lover’s risotto! Watch his live cooking demonstration- click here. The mushrooms totally add a hidden element to this dish…what flavor!
- Place mushrooms in chicken stock and bring to boil then simmer for five minutes, turn flame off and let mushrooms steep for ten minutes then strain. Separate the stock for the cooking of the rice and mushrooms aside for inside the risotto.
- In 4 qt sauce pan add olive oil (make sure pan is not smoking hot) then add the rice, toast until slightly golden then add onions and garlic.
- Stir ingredients together until onions are slightly translucent.
- Stir in the wine, bay leaf and salt and keep stirring until wine has reduced by half.
- Then stir in mushroom stock 4oz at a time while stirring constantly when stock reduces by half add another 4 oz. Repeat this until rice in past al dente.
- Then stir in reserved mushrooms, corn, and cheese. Keep adding stock and stirring at same time.
- Finish with peas and butter and adjust with salt if needed.
- Serve immediately!!
- ½ oz Chanterelle mushrooms - quartered
- ½ oz Matsutaki mushrooms – sliced ¼ inch
- ½ ozPorcini mushrooms – sliced ¼ inch
- 1 quart Chicken stock
- 2 oz Olive oil
- 1 cup Carnaroli rice
- ½ cup White onion – medium diced
- 1 Tbls Fresh garlic – minced
- ½ cup Pinot Grigio
- 1 each Bay leaf
- 1 Tbls Kosher salt
- ½ cup Fresh corn – roasted, shucked and cut off cob
- 1 cup Lodi Grana cheese – shaved
- ½ cup Green peas
- 3 oz Whole unsalted butter – soft