- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup small diced Andouille Sausage
- ¼ cup small diced 1015 onions
- 2 tablespoons small diced celery
- 2 tablespoons small diced bell pepper
- 30 Texas shrimp (9-12 count with heads on) (peel and de-vein)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 recipe Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ cups cooked long grain rice
- ¼ cup bias-cut green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2¼ cups cups chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 cup molasses
- ⅔ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 lemon, peeled and diced
- 2½ tablespoons minced anchovies
- 1 dozen whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
Try this Go Texan dish prepared by Chef Randy in this video…wild brown shrimp over rice that is so delicious! The homemade Worcestershire sauce really ties things together. Enjoy!
FOR THE SAUCE:
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; sweat onion, jalapeño and garlic until tender. Add vinegar, water, corn syrup, molasses, horseradish, lemon, anchovies, cloves, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook uncovered at a rapid simmer over medium to medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Strain sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepan. Cook over low heat to reduce volume of sauce by half, until it reaches a syrupy glaze consistency, should reduce down to 2 cups. Store the sauce in covered container in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
To serve, warm Homemade Worcestershire Glaze until hot, for each 1 cup glaze, swirl in 2 tablespoons butter to finish.
FOR THE SHRIMP:
Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil, sausage and vegetables, cook until tender and reserve. Add the shrimp, being careful not to loosen the heads or tails, season with salt and pepper; once the shrimp are almost cooked, but still slightly gray in the center, deglaze pan with wine. Allow shrimp to cook through; remove from the heat and add sauce to coat shrimp.
Place rice in center of plate. Spoon the sausage and vegetables over rice. Surround with a pool of sauce and arrange shrimp over the rice. Sprinkle with green onions.