3-Alarm Arabica Chili
Cheers to cooking with your favorite coffee. This 3-Alarm Arabica Chili is made using 100% select Arabica coffee beans. Pretty neat!
- 3 pounds ½ ground beef preferably 80/20 blend
- 2 tbsps ½ Canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cups ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ small jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cups ½ Community coffee House Blend brewed
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 tsp chili powder
- cup ¼ dark brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tbsps ½ cumin ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 in can chipotleadobo sauce
- 3 oz cans kidney or red beans (15eac
- Add beef to a 4-quart heavy bottom pot and bring to medium heat. Brown meat stirring frequently. Once browned, remove meat from pot and drain fat in a colander. Add the oil, onions, and jalapeños to the pot, and stirring frequently, cook until onions are translucent (approx. 5 minutes).
- Return browned meat to the pot and add brewed coffee, tomatoes, chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt, and chipotle.
- Cook chili uncovered on medium heat until the meat is heated and sauce thickens (approx. 45 to 60 minutes).
- Once chili is thickened, add the beans to the pot, return chili to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite condiments, such as sour cream, shredded cheddar, jalapeño peppers, and guacamole.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!