B-Daddy's Candied Bacon
This recipe will make you popular at your next dinner party. Myers prepares the bacon on the grill, but I find that baking it in the oven gives a more consistent result at home.
- 1 pound hickory-smoked bacon
- 7 tablespoons light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place wire racks in 2 rimmed baking sheets. Place the bacon slices in a single layer on racks.
- Bake at 300°F until edges just begin to curl, about 20 minutes. (Bacon should still be pliable.)
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over bacon slices; sprinkle evenly with cayenne pepper. Return pans to oven, and bake at 300°F until sugar is caramelized and bacon is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely, about 10 minutes. If desired, break into bite-size pieces before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!