Bakkhus Taverna’s Saganaki
This flaming saganaki (read: fried cheese on fire) will have you shouting ‘Opa’!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 inch slice of kefalograviera cheese
- flour to coat cheese
- 1 oz Brandy
- half lemon
- toasted pita bread
- Optional – top with grilled shrimp, chicken or gyro meat
- Heat olive in a nonstick skillet.
- Dip kefalograviera in water, then coat with flour.
- Cook cheese on low heat until soft in the middle.
- Top with brandy and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with toasted pita bread.
- Optional – top with grilled shrimp, chicken or gyro meat.
- *We don’t recommend flaming the saganaki at home without help from a professional.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!