Bebo’s Café Bozilla Burger
Bebo’s Café in Pilot Point offers their unbeatable BOZILLA BURGER challenge, that no one has been able to complete for the past 10 years! If you think you can finish a 5 pound burger layered with cheese, bacon and heaps of veggies, then come on out to Bebo and Kathy’s Café—or try it at home with the recipe below.
- 3 pounds Ground Beef
- ½ cup finely chopped ham
- ½ cup finely chopped bologna
- ½ cup finely chopped cooked bacon plus 6 slices of cooked bacon
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 slices American cheese
- One 16-ounce Hawaiian bun
- ¼ white onion thinly sliced
- 15 pickle slices
- 10 tomato sliced (about 2 whole tomatoes)
- 10 iceberg lettuce leaves
- French Fries for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ham, bologna and chopped bacon with your hands. Season with salt and pepper and shape into a large hamburger using your hands or a 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over moderately high heat and brush with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Sear the burger on both sides, flipping carefully, until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 160°F. Transfer your burger to a plate.
- Layer the cheese on top of the burger while it’s still hot. While the cheese starts to melt, add the rest of the butter to the skillet and toast the bun over medium heat.
- Once your bun is toasted, slather mustard on the bottom bun and mayo on the top bun. Add your hamburger to the bottom bun and top with bacon. Finish with onion, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce. Enjoy with fries!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!