Beer, Potato, Cabbage & Sausage Soup
This Beer, Potato, Cabbage & Sausage Soup combines all of our favorite traditional Irish ingredients and is true 'weekend winner' -- just dump it all in a pot and let it simmer!
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8-10 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 lb smoked bacon diced
- 1/2 can German beer
- 4-inch links German sausage cut into pieces
- 1 leek diced
- 3 large baking potatoes peeled, diced
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot, add bacon and sausage. Cook 10 minutes, or until meat is cooked.
- Add leek and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cabbage and stock. Simmer about 45 minutes.
- Add beer, simmer another 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Central Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!