Bodacious Barbecued Gulf Shrimp Cocktail
Gulf shrimp kicked up and spread over a steaming bed of pan seared veggies. Topped with fresh avocado chunks - this deconstructed gulf shrimp cocktail takes center stage this summer! Watch the video here.
- 1 lb. Gulf Shrimp peeled /deveined
- 3 Tablespoons HEB Chef’s Basting Oil divided
- 2 Tablespoons Adam’s Reserve Kicked up Chicken Rub
- 3/4 cup medium diced Texas 1015 onions & sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup small diced seeded jalapenos & halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado medium diced
- 1/4 cup Texas on a Plate Bodacious Soppin’ Sauce
- Mix shrimp in bowl with 1 Tablespoon of basting oil and Adam’s Rub; set aside. Preheat a cast iron skillet to MED HI. Add remaining 2 Tablespoons basting oil and diced veggies. Let veggies sear in pan for a few minutes without stirring, then quickly stir for 2 more minutes. Mound cooked veggies in center of a serving plate. Add shrimp to pan and let sear for 2 minutes on MED HI, then turn over and cook other side for 2 to 3 minutes. Shrimp are done when they quickly change color from the raw “see-through clear” to the cooked “white” – do not overcook. Put shrimp on top of veggies and top with avocado. Drizzle Bodacious Soppin’ sauce on top of all.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!