Chilled Beef Tenderloin Tacos
Choose these chilled tenderloin tacos from Tacodeli in ATX! Garnish yours with a delicious homemade mole sauce, topped with crumbled queso fresco, sliced green onions, and toasted sesame seeds in a warm tortilla. Happiness achieved!
Chiles boiled to soften, discard liquid:
- 1.25 oz Pasilla
- 1 oz Chipotle
- 2.25 oz Ancho
- .75 oz Arbol
Toast in dry pan:
- 2 oz Walnut
- 2 oz Cashew
- 2 oz Pecan
- 2 oz Sesame seeds
- 2 oz Pepitas
- 2 pieces cloves
Char in saute pan with a little olive oil:
- 1 oz garlic whole
- 1 lb Onion quarters
- .75 lb Tomato quarters
- 2 corn tortillas char over an open flame
- 3 cups Chicken Broth or veggie broth, homemade or store bought
- 1.5 tablespoons salt or to taste
- Blend all ingredients to form a smooth paste.
For the Tenderloin:
- Season with salt the night before or at least a couple of hours prior to seasoning with equal parts of chipotle pepper, chile de arbol, mexican chocolate and raw piloncillo sugar.
- Sear the tender on 4 sides for 2 minutes and place in a 400 oven until a medium rare temp of around 137 - 138 degrees, let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice beef to your desired thickness and you are ready to make tacos. Place sliced beef on a hot tortilla, add mole as a garnish, and top with crumbled queso fresco, sliced green onions, and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Tacodeli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!