Compound Butter: Strawberry + Honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter (very important to start with unsalted and flavor it as you go)
- 8 fresh strawberries cleaned and hulled
- 2 tbsp. Local Honey
- 1 Orange zest and juice
- Set stick of butter out to room temperature until soft and pliable.
- Place the berries, honey, orange zest/juice in a small pot on med high heat.
- Cook the berries until they are broken down, roughly 6-10 minutes. Take off heat and cool.
- Place mixture into a food processor and puree until homogenous. Add the mixture into a bowl and add butter.
- Mix thoroughly using a spatula. Place the butter mixture in plastic film and roll into a log.
- Place into the refrigerator to set up. Use the strawberry butter on toasted muffins, biscuits or croissants. Enjoy!
Recipe and Image courtesy of Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!