Cranberry Tequila Sour
A festive margarita cocktail infused with intense cranberry flavor from Goodtaste contributor Liz the Chef. Check out more family recipes from Liz on her website. 🙂
- cup ¾ fresh cranberries
- cup ¼white sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 wedge Meyer lemon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- cranberry jam see above
- cup ¼ Meyer lemon juice
- cup ½ fresh orange juice
- cup ¾ white tequila
- Using a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and ¼ cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, occasionally, until mixture thickens and becomes "jammy". This took only 15 minutes, half the time predicted in the BA version.
- Allow the jam to cool, then cover and chill in fridge.
- Rub the edges of the glasses with the lemon wedge. Mix the salt and sugar in a small plate. Dip the rim of each glass in the salt-sugar mix and swirl to coat the rim.
- Combine the cranberry jam, lemon juice, orange juice and tequila in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover, shake for 30 seconds, strain and pour into glasses filled with ice cubes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!