Crawfish and Andouille Etouffee
This distinctly Cajun dish is a hit! Revel in the true taste of NOLA with this Crawfish & Andouille Sausage Etouffee served over long grain rice with Louisiana hot sauce!
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 oz celery diced
- 1 oz yellow onion diced
- 3 oz Andouille Sausage
- 3 oz crawfish tail meat
- 5 oz Étouffée sauce You can purchase Étouffée sauce at H-E-B.
- .5 oz hot sauce
- .5 oz Worcestershire Sauce
- taste Cajun seasoning
- 2 oz long grain rice
- taste kosher salt
- garnish green onion
- Sauté bell pepper, celery and onion in butter until caramelized and tender. Dice andouille sausage and add to pan. Sauté another minute over medium heat.
- Add crawfish, sauté for 30 seconds and add Etouffee sauce to the pan. Allow the sauce to come to a gentle simmer and add equal parts of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season to taste with Cajun seasoning and kosher salt. Served here with Texas brand rice and garnished with green onion.
Recipe courtesy of Sysco Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!