Elote (Grilled Mexican Street Corn)
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Brandon Frohne of Mason's Nashville. Brushed with Chipotle Crema and sprinkled with Queso Fresco.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears corn husked
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the ears corn and place on grill for 3–4 minutes rotating on each side until slightly charred. Remove corn from grill.
- Place sour cream in a bowl with ancho chile, cayenne, cumin, lime juice and salt. Mix well. Using a brush, brush this mixture over the corn and sprinkle with Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Mason's Nashville.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!