It just wouldn’t be NIOSA without Fried Mushrooms. Always one of the favorite booths during the run of NIOSA, now you can make these delicious treats at home. Yum!
Add bouillon cube to 1½ cups of water and bring to a boil. In a separate container, blend ½ cup of water and gravy mix until lump free. Pour the gravy mix into the boiling water and stir until thickened, turn to lowest setting.
Add water to mix, in stages. Stir until consistency reaches “thin pancake batter.”
Combine all ingredients.
Dip mushrooms in batter until well-coated. Remove mushrooms from batter, shake excess batter and dip in breading. Turn lightly until well-coated. Remove mushrooms from breading, shake excess, place in oil. Shake frying basket to separate mushrooms. Cook 7-9 minutes until golden brown.
Add gravy as desired.
By the way, the folks at Bolner’s Fiesta Spices donate ALL the spices for this booth and all food booths at NIOSA.
- 1 lb cleaed white mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 – 2.75 oz peppered cream gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups unseasoned milk and egg based batter mix (like Golden Dipt)|
- 2-3 cups water
- 2 cups unseasoned breading mix (like Golden Dipt)
- 1½ TBSP Bolner’s Fiesta Lemon Pepper
- ½ TBSP Bolner’s Fiesta Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Bolner’s Fiesta Onion Powder
- 1 TSP Bolner’s Fiesta Garlic Powder