Goya Foods Passion Fruit Mousse
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1 pkg frozen GOYA® Passion Fruit Pulp, thawed 14 oz
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can GOYA® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Add gelatin and ¼ cup room-temperature water to small bowl; let sit until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together passion fruit pulp, sugar and gelatin mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thoroughly combined and smooth (mixture should not come to a boil). Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- Meanwhile, in clean mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff (peaks of egg whites will not droop, and egg whites will not move when bowl is tilted).
- Stir 1/3 egg whites into cooled passion fruit mixture until combined. Using spatula, gently fold in remaining egg whites until combined. Divide mousse evenly among clear glass serving cups; cover. Refrigerate mousse until well chilled, at least 2 hrs.
- Serve chilled. Garnish with mint, if desired.
This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!