Grilled Celery with Truffle Oil
Grilled celery with pop and CRUNCH! This tasty side comes drizzled with black truffle oil and garnished with pine nuts and shaved Parmesan cheese. From Chef Justin Wangler with Kendall-Jackson.
- 10 large CELERY STALKS each 12'' long
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 small chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat a gas grill to high.
- Peel the fibrous outer layer from the celery stalks with a vegetable peeler. Cut each stalk into three 4” lengths. Put the celery in a large bowl and add the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat evenly. Place on the grill, cover, and cook until slightly tender and grill-marked, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the celery to 6 small plates and arrange in a stack on each.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and a little salt. Drizzle with the truffle oil and vinegar. Shave an equal amount of the cheese over each portion. Serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Kendall-Jackson.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!