This signature dish from Haven sure is hearty – and available year-round! The lean cut allows for more intense flavors. The aromas take you back to an era of chuck wagons in old-time Texas…supremely meaty!
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauce pot. Add garlic and onions, sweat for 2-3 minutes until tender. Increase heat to high & add wild boar; brown. Add seasoning and tomato paste, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes more to caramelize tomato paste. Add diced tomatoes and water, bring to a boil & simmer for 1½-2 hours or until the boar is tender.
- In a separate bowl combine masa and water into a paste, whisk into simmering chili to thicken. Adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve with crème fraiche, pepper jack cheese, minced onions and cilantro.
- 3 Tbsp XX vegetable oil
- 3 cloves XX garlic, shaved
- 1 cup XX finely diced yellow onion
- 2 Lb. XX Wild boar, ¼”-½” cubes
- ¼ cup XX Creole Meat Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. XX Chili powder
- ¾ Tbsp. XX Cumin
- ¼ cup XX tomato paste
- 2 cups XX diced tomato, skinned & seeded
- 2½ cups XX water
- 3 Tbsp. XX Maseca (corn flour)
- 2 Tbsp. XX Water
- ½ cup XX crème fraiche
- 1 cup XX shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. XX Minced onions and cilantro
Haven's Wild Boar Chili
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!