What a perfect dish for a cool day! This recipe is so easy – you and your family will love it!
Toss the sirloin beef cubes in 1 Tbl of the grapeseed oil. Season with the Rub. Heat a large skillet to high heat and add the sirloin. Brown very well on all sides. Pour in the carton of chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium or medium low, cover and simmer the beef until the broth is reduce by three-quarters, approximately 45 minutes.
While the beef is simmering, heat the oven to 425. Toss the cubed vegetables with the remaining grapeseed oil; season with salt/pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are nicely browned, turning as necessary to brown all sides. When the vegetables are done and the broth is reduced, add vegetables to the beef pan and pour in the jar of Mole Sauce. Stir gently and heat throughout. Prep time: 15 minutes. Total cook time: 1 hour. Serves 4-6.
- 2-3 lb sirloin cubes, approximately 2-3 inch pieces
- 2-3 parsnips, cut into large cubes
- 2-3 carrots, cut into large cubes
- 1 small pumpkin, deseeded and cut into large cubes
- 1 acorn squash, deseeded and cut into large cubes
- 2 leeks, rinsed well and cut into large rings
- 2 Tbl Ottavio grapeseed oil, divided use
- 1 Tbl Adams Reserve Prime Rib and Steak Rub
- 1 jar San Carlos Mole Sauce 1 carton Central Market Organic Chicken Broth (or beef broth)
- Salt and Pepper to taste