Italian Hot Chocolate
Die-hard chocolate fans: this is a sinfully sweet drink. It comes from one of the great chocolate meccas of the world Turin (Torino), Italy. The Bicerin, as it's known, dates back to 1763 at least. Thank God for the Italians!
- 1 cup strong coffee or even espresso
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chopped
- Sugar to taste
- Boil the milk over medium heat.
- While waiting on the milk, pour the coffee into a heatproof bowl or pitcher and whisk in the chocolate and sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the milk. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Top with whipped cream, cinnamon...or whatever you like!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!