Jalapeño Quinoa Patties
These super easy jalapeño quinoa patties are great for weekly meal prep. Make'em in bulk and refrigerate to enjoy throughout the week. Yellowbird Sauce recommends serving with roasted sweet potatoes, a fried egg and a bun. Great any time of day!
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 3 tablespoons Yellowbird Jalapeño Sauce
- 1 egg
- olive oil for frying
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups chicken stock or water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Quinoa holds lots of water, so you have to make sure you drain it thoroughly after it's cooked.
- Once drained, in a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, Yellowbird Sauce, and 1 egg. Mix until combined. Mold quinoa into patties or use round ring mold in pan to help keep form.
- In a medium frying pan, add olive oil until 1/4 inch deep and turn to medium to medium high heat.
- Carefully placed molded patties in hot oil and fry for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Yellowbird Sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!