Jordan Winery Chocolate Mousse
A special recipe that has become a tradition at Jordan. One of the most requested items on the menu is the Chocolate Mousse. Both decadent and delightful, each smooth spoonful is the perfect blend of rich chocolate and luscious cream, making an intriguing food pairing with an older vintage Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 30 ounces 68% bittersweet chocolate discs TCHO is the Jordan preferred chocolate brand
- 32 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 15 ounces sugar
- 1 cup water
- 18 large egg yolks
- Gently heat bittersweet chocolate (chopped or discs/pieces) over a double boiler, stirring constantly until melted. Chocolate will be melted at 120 degrees. Reserve. In a non-reactive bowl, whip cream to soft peaks and reserve.
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pot over medium heat, combine sugar and water and heat to a soft-crack stage (282 degrees). In a stainless steel or copper bowl, beat yolks until thickened and then slowly pour sugar-water into yolks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into yolk mixture. Once the whipped cream is fully incorporated, gently fold in the tempered chocolate, reserving 3 ounces for the drizzle. Pour mousse into individual bowls or one large, decorative bowl. Drizzle reserved chocolate over the top and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour. Mousse may be kept refrigerated for up to 48 hours.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Jordan Winery & Vineyard.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!