Kendall Jackson’s Mango Mussels
This quick and simple dish is perfect for a warm summer day. The tropical fruit flavor in the Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay pairs wonderfully with the mango, while the butter in the sauce rounds out the rich mouthfeel of the wine.
- 2 T butter
- 2 lb Mussels cleaned
- 4 oz Mango diced, medium
- 2 oz Preserved mango diced
- 1 oz white wine such as Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay
- 2 oz Verjus or white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 t chives minced
- 2 t Parsley minced
- ½ t Tarragon minced
- Heat a 4-quart pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the butter and mussels. Add the mango, preserved mango, wine, verjus and lemon juice. Shake the pan to distribute the mussels and cover with a lid.
- Allow the mussels to steam for 3 to 6 minutes or until the shells open. Remove the lid and stir in the fresh herbs. Serve hot with grilled bread. Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a meal.
- Remove the lid and stir in the fresh herbs. Serve hot with grilled bread. Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!