Kiran's Green Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Just like our friend Chef Kiran Verma at Kiran's in Houston who's always smiling, this Green Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette will put you in a good mood! (Be sure to watch Kiran's in action in our third season).
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Goat Cheese Rounds
- 4 ounces Fresh Goat Cheese not crumbled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs mixed with choice of herbs or pinches of thyme coriander
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 4-6 cups Mixed Greens/Spring Mix Salad
- 4-6 goat cheese rounds
- 1 pint H-E-B Angel Sweet Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots Optional: 1/4 cup of Spiralized Beets
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Serve as a dressing or a dip.
- Goat Cheese Rounds: Combine bread crumbs and herbs. Slice goat cheese into 1/2 inch clean slices. Dip goat cheese slices into egg. Roll into bread crumbs. Lightly fry with a little olive oil until brown on both sides.
- Toss greens, carrots (and spiralized beets, if using) and tomatoes with dressing. Divide into four to six bowls. Top with a goat cheese round and toasted cashews. Serve.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Kiran's in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!