Large Shrimp with Sherry Sous Vide
Juicy jumbo shrimp from Sysco Executive Chef Don Carr at Sysco Central Texas! This shrimp is cooked "sous vide" meaning vacuum-sealed to a very precise temperature for consistent results! Plated with jalapeño cheese grits and toast for soppin' it all up!
- 1 ea. large peeled shrimp head and tail on 3053137
- kosher salt 6040760
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 4497301
- 3 medium Cloves Garlic thinly sliced; 1821537
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika 5806750
- 2 bay leaves 2585275
- 3 tablespoons Sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar 8048938
- 2 tablespoons butter 3031438
- Crusty Bread for serving; 4750774
- Set your sous vide water bath to 140F.
- Place shrimp in a vacuum bag. Add the next 8 ingredients to bag with shrimp.
- Add bagged shrimp to preheated water bath and cook for at least 45 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Serve with grits and crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Don Carr with Sysco Central Texas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!